Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Volume Twenty-One

Hi everyone.
It's getting really close to Thanksgiving! I am definitely excited about it just because I love holidays that bring the family together. This year my mom and brother and I decided to do something different because my family didn't really talk about what was going to happen for Thanksgiving so instead of everyone getting together like we normally do at my grandma's, we will actually be doing a food challenge at a ramen place called Hakata Noodle in Rosemead where you have to 6 sets of noodles and can only get more actual soup once, for $10. If we make it we'll get a $50 gift card, a tee shirt and a full stomach! If you live in/around Rosemead you should definitely go because it's great food and it'll be pretty awesome. It actually sounds like a super weird thing to do for Thanksgiving but that's what we're doing. Then on Black Friday, we'll be doping something more festive by having a smaller version of the typical Thanksgiving dinner. My mom's going to make chicken and mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, my brother is going to make a pecan pie and I'll be making a Boston cream pie and drinks for us. Our days are all mixed up. Of course, just because I'm doing this dinner on Black Friday does NOT mean I won't be going out to find something to buy! I love going out and finding something great for super cheap. This year should be fun. . .
What do you have planned for the holiday?
Okay so off the festive stuff and on to something new. . . so I was having a conversation with my friend about last names and how certain first names go really well with a certain last name (i.e.: John and Smith) and she told me that either Ramirez or Rodriguez suited me the best. When I told Enzo he sounded sad so I asked why. His response: Babe, if your a Rodriguez or Ramirez, that means you won't be a Calvo so you won't be my wife. That made me smile and I just wanted to go kiss him and hug him forever.
Well I've actually been putting off starting on an important report for history class so I have to go do research but don't forget to spread the word about this blog, follow me, leave a comment or send me an email. SMILE!!! XOXO hugs and kisses
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment